Saturday, January 4, 2014

January 4, 2014

Time at Arrival: 10:46 AM
Temperature at Arrival: 12 degrees (2 with windchill)

No one was eager to join me for my Minnesota Zoo trip today, so I headed to Apple Valley on my own.  I decided to hit the Northern Trail first.






This majestic moose was very close to the front of the exhibit, but I got a better picture of her as I came up the side of the enclosure.






To me, it seemed this wild boar had fallen asleep with his/her head up on this step!








I think this sea otter was working hard on getting some crab meat out of the shell.





Discovery Bay was pretty busy, but I tried to grab this selfie while everyone was at the shark feeding.  My selfie skills still need a lot of work!









I suspect a future post may simply feature a medley of animal and zoo sounds.  For now, I'll share this noisy rhinoceros hornbill.


This footage is super uneventful, but since I haven't seen any of the tapirs up and about for awhile, I have to share the mommy tapir getting up to get a drink.


Everyone had a better-than-usual view of the two-toed sloth today!  He must be really safety concious, because he was holding tight on the branch while also laying on the ground.






No comments :

Post a Comment